Russian Orthodox Cathedral, London
The interior of this Grade 2* listed church was completed in 1897-1903 by Heywood Sumner. The church was taken over by the Russian Orthodox community in 1956.
The project comprised complete refurbishment including the mechanical and electrical services. A system of underfloor heating was installed, together with a large baptistery; this set an interesting challenge as it was not permitted to empty the font to sewer, we devised a system of storage tanks so that the water can be slowly discharged to ground.
A new internal and external lighting system was installed, using LEDs throughout to minimise energy use and maintenance costs. New glass lampada were blown for the existing chandeliers.
The semi-dome, which was finished in gold leaf as part of the project, was uplit using amber light. The column arches and the sgraffito friezes were uplit.
We deliver award-winning coordinated building services engineering solutions: cost effective, user friendly, energy efficient, and always conscious of the architectural objectives.